Customer Service Statement
Oldham Athletic operates and enforces a Customer Service Charter.
The Club's customer service contact is Commercial Manager Jenny Warburton. With the exception of holidays and lunch breaks, she is available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Her contact details are as follows:
Oldham Athletic AFC (2004) Ltd
Oldham OL1 2PA
Telephone: 0161 785 5152
The club responds to any contact from a customer - whether via telephone, email, fax or letter - within a maximum of 14 (fourteen) working days.
Oldham Athletic is committed to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
Oldham Athletic is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal opportunity within our own organisation and to encouraging similar commitment from every organisation or individual acting within the game.
Equality of opportunity at Oldham Athletic means that in none of our activities will we discriminate against, or in any way treat less favourably, any person on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability. This includes:
· The advertisement of jobs;
· The selection of candidates for employment or promotion;
· Job location or working environment;
· Pay and employment terms and conditions;
· Internal training and development activities;
· External education activities and awards;
· Football development activities;
· Selection for representative teams;
· Appointments to honorary positions.
Oldham Athletic will not tolerate sexually- or racially-based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate disciplinary action in whatever context it occurs.
The Club supports the Football Association in its commitment to develop a programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities in order to promote the eradication of discrimination.
Consultation and Information
The club consults supporters and publicises its position on major policy issues on a regular basis through forums and via the programme and official website.
The club has and continues to develop ways to consult with shareholders, sponsors, the local authority and other interested parties.
The club gives the earliest possible notice of any changes to its ticketing policy and the reasons for the changes.
The club undertakes research on the design and number of new strips.
The club continues to strive for wider access to matches by offering a broad range of ticket prices, and operates a scheme to enable supporters to pay for season tickets by installment at a reasonable rate of interest.
At least 5% of tickets to each game will be made available to non-season ticket holders.
Concessionary prices are available to junior supporters, senior citizens and disabled people. Concessions to senior citizens are available to both men and women at the age of 65.
The club provides an area of the ground for the exclusive use of family groups and junior supporters.
Support for disabled spectators and their carers:
Jenny Warburton can be contacted at the club for details of our disabled facilities and ticket allocation.
The Club considers there are no severely restricted view seats that qualify for discounted prices.
The club's supporters are allocated tickets for away matches as follows:
Where ticket allocation by the home club is restricted, season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets, and subsequently any remaining tickets will then go on open sale. The home club determines the cost of these tickets.
Tickets for cup competitions are priced relative to the importance of the competition and are allocated as follows:
Where tickets are restricted, season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets, and subsequently any remaining tickets will go on open sale.
Returns & Refunds:
The club's policy on the return and distribution of unwanted tickets is as follows:
Unwanted tickets returned prior to the kick-off of any match will receive a full refund, whereas tickets returned after a game has taken place will not be eligible for a refund. Any returned tickets are immediately put back on open sale.
If a match is postponed before kick-off, ticket holders are entitled to free admission to the re-arranged game. If a match is abandoned after kick-off, spectators are entitled to half-price admission to the re-arranged match.
Accommodating Away Supporters
The Club abides by Football League regulations governing the allocation of tickets to visiting clubs.
The club does not charge admission prices to supporters of a visiting club which are higher than those charged to our own supporters for comparable accommodation. In particular, our concessionary rates offered to senior citizens and junior supporters apply to supporters of a visiting club.
The club endeavours to ensure that all replica strip designs shall have a minimum life span of two seasons, and details of the next intended change of kits are available from the Club Shop.
The club carries out its obligations under Football League regulations to prevent price-fixing in relation to the sale of replica strips, and offers refunds on merchandise in accordance with its legal obligations.
The club operates a Community Trust programme, which in turn organises a varied programme of activities aimed at all sectors of the community. More information on these activities can be obtained from Community Trust Manager Matt Pickford at Boundary Park.
The Club operates a website - www.oldhamathletic.co.uk - as a means of communication with supporters.
Notice: Entry to the Ground is expressly subject to acceptance by the visitor of these Ground Regulations and the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The F.A. Premier League and The Football League in respect of the relevant competition.
The Ground Regulations incorporate the Club's Customer Charter (if any). Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations.
"Ground" means this football stadium and all locations owned, occupied or utilised by the Club.
"Club" means this football club.
"Match" means any association football match taking place at the Ground.
1. Permission to enter or to remain within the Ground (notwithstanding possession of any ticket) is at the absolute discretion of the Club, any police officer or authorised steward. On no account will admission be granted to a person who is the subject of a current Banning Order.
2. The Club excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons/property in or around the Ground.
3. No guarantees can be given by the Club that a Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date and the Club reserves the right to reschedule the Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
4. In the event of the postponement or abandonment of the Match, refunds (if any) will be made in accordance with the Club's Customer Charter. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs.
5. All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
6. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.
7. Further, you may not bring into the Ground any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials save in respect of official club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith nor may you offer (either free or for sale by any person) any goods (including literature) of any nature without the express written approval of the Management.
8. The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.
8.1. Racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.
8.2. The following acts are offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991, as amended:
8.2.1. The throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority or excuse.
8.2.2. The chanting of anything of an indecent or racialist nature.
8.2.3. The entry onto the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse.
Conviction may result in a Banning Order being made.
9. All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer.
10. Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground.
11. The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures within the Ground.
12. Football League stadia are smoke-free and smoking is not permitted inside the Ground.
13. Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only.
14. Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985, the following are offences for which a person can be arrested by a police officer and conviction could result in a Banning Order being made:
14.1. Attempting to enter the Ground or being inside the Ground whilst drunk;
14.2. Being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, or bottle, can or other portable container and which could cause damage or personal injury, when entering the Ground or in a public area of the Ground from which the event can be directly viewed.
15. Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.
16 No person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may bring into the Ground or use within the Ground any equipment, which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to the Match or the Ground. Copyright in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) to the Club.
17. No goods (including literature) of any nature may be offered either free or for sale by any person within the Ground without the express written permission of the Club.
18. Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club. Any tickets offered for sale may be confiscated by any steward, officer of the Club or any police officer.
19. CCTV cameras are in use around and in the Ground and the Club may itself use or pass to the police or any Football Authority, any recordings for use in any proceedings.
20. At all times whilst present in the Ground, persons must comply with any and all instructions of any steward or officer of the Club and/or any police officer. Failure to comply with any instruction may lead to immediate ejection from the Ground.
21. Entry to the Ground signifies your express consent to the use of your actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of the Match, and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the World.
22. The Club reserves absolutely the right to eject from the Ground any person failing to comply with any of the Ground Regulations or whose presence within the Ground is, or could, reasonably be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person. This could lead to further action by the Club including, but not limited to, the withdrawal of any season ticket (without reimbursement) and other benefits.
23. Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations.