Oldham Athletic Community Trust is offering a new education opportunity.
The Futsal Academy is a two-year programme for those aged 16/18 year old and aimed at providing pupils with a first-class education and a chance to train and compete in Futsal with Oldham Athletic.
During the scholarship students can also earn qualifications that will help them gain employment in the sport and leisure industry.
WHAT IS FUTSAL?
Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced five-a-side game that is played all over the world and is officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA.
Futsal is played on a hard surface pitch with hockey-sized goals and a size four ball with a reduced bounce.
Many world class footballers played Futsal in their youth and credit it with supporting their footballing development, the likes of Lionel Messi, Xavi, Cesc Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The scholarship is a two-year full-time course which offers the following:
- Level 3 BTEC extended diploma in sport
- Futsal for beginners coaching certificate
- Futsal level one coaching certificate
- Full OAFC training and match day kit
- Compete in the North West Futsal League
- Opportunity to gain work experience coaching with Oldham Athletic Community Trust
- Complements your development as a player and will not restrict your commitment or availability to your current football team
The Trust is recruiting for 2013, with presentations in local secondary schools and open days at Boundary Park planned.
There will be more information released on the club's official website, and via the Community Trust's facebook and twitter pages or you can contact Martin Vose on 07919 445577 or email email@example.com