Oldham Athletic Community Trust are delighted to announce Jonathan Bell as our newest member of the Board of Trustees!
Currently the Principal at Werneth Primary School (part of The Pinnacle Learning Trust), one of our #OACTSchoolPartner, Jonathan Bell offers a wide variety of experience within the primary school sector and within safeguarding joining as a Safeguarding Trustee Director.
The Werneth Primary School vision is for:
- High expectations to be met or surpassed in every lesson, every day
- To nurture children’s curiosity about the world around them and develop lifelong learners.
- To develop learners’ knowledge, vocabulary, skills, and conceptual understanding through a curriculum that is designed to meet the needs of Werneth Primary School children.
Their mission is to fulfil a pledge to all pupils, staff and parents to:
- Provide a pioneering, progressive curriculum, consistently delivered by skilled practitioners, that develops children’s knowledge, vocabulary, skills and conceptual understanding.
- Prioritise high attainment levels for every pupil, regardless of their starting point, by putting progress at the heart of every lesson, every day.
- Broaden pupils’ vocabulary, communication skills and cultural capital so that they become confident learners and make a meaningful contribution to society.
- Treat parents as partners in our community so that they can be actively involved in their child’s learning and development.
Upon confirming his appointment, Jonathan said:
“I am pleased to join the OACT team, having been a fan of Latics all of my life and being a huge supporter of the excellent work that Martin, Wendy and the OACT team do to provide excellent opportunities for people across the borough. The Community Trust plays a big role in schools and supports people of all ages to come together, form friendships and enjoy sport- something that our town and club can be proud of.”
Welcome to OACT, Jonathan!