The OACT team work daily across the Oldham borough in a number of primary schools, delivering a bespoke and tailored service to each individual school needs.
OACT ensure that all staff delivering within schools are qualified in a range of national government bodied sports to improve the delivery of the Nation curriculum of PE. In addition, members of the team are qualified to an AFPE level 3 standard.
We pride ourselves on being very adaptable and as an organisation offer much more than just PE. We can also provide school support with individual or group targeted interventions to help improve progress in different topics throughout the curriculum including Maths, English and PSHE.
Each schools offer is bespoke and designed around the schools needs and wants, however some delivery options are:
- Half day of Curriculum PE
- Full day of curriculum PE
- Extra curricular support
- Targeted interventions (Maths, English, PSHE)
- SEND support
Why become a school partner?
- Links with a passionate, dedicated and inclusive local charity.
- High-quality delivery from professional sports coaches.
- Exciting opportunities with the boroughs only professional football club.
- Entry into OACT competitions.
- Signed OAFC merchandise (availability dependant).
- Opportunities to visit Boundary Park.
- Staff CDP and training opportunities.
The PSHE sessions were engaging and interesting. They included events and life experiences that were very relevant to our children today. I feel like the children took away new coping strategies and information that will help them if tricky or dangerous situations arise.
Mrs Meredith, Y5 Teacher
OACT have recently delivered CPD to our teaching staff and I would like to comment on the session that was delivered. Teachers and leaders found the PE CPD session both very useful and engaging. Jack clearly explained curriculum aims for both KS1 and KS2. Jack's delivery was an excellent mixture of theory and practical activities and gave teachers lots of practical ideas to take into lessons. Differentiation in PE was a key focus during this CPD and was modelled and guided effectively to staff. Teachers can't wait to put these ideas into practise, and we look forward to more input from OACT in the coming year(s)!
Tom Owen, Willow Park Academy