Community Engagement Manager
OACT are looking to add to the successful delivery team with the role of Community Engagement Manager available.
- Do you want to work for a professional, dedicated and inclusive organisation?
- Do you want to be part of a small, but high quality, team who provide exceptional opportunities to the local community?
- Do you want to help OACT make a difference across the Oldham borough?
- Oldham Athletic Community Trust Community Engagement Manager
- Full time. Additional overtime potentially available on an adhoc basis.
- 31st August 2023 with a 6 month review period. Extension of role subject to funding.
Main purpose of the role is to:
- To project manage, develop and grow the OACT community-based delivery and increase physical activity participation across OACT projects, such as Premier League Kicks, that align to the OACT strategy.
- To develop relationships and provide physical activity support to communities across Oldham, working in a needs based approach.
- To work with the Head Of Community to asses current OACT delivery, identify areas of local need and to develop projects to meet these needs. This will include sourcing external funding.
- To work with the Head Of Community to develop local partnerships to increase physical activity opportunities within Oldham.
- To create pathway opportunities from OACT projects to further increase physical activity opportunities.
- To make sure all project KPI are achieved and reports provided to stakeholders.
- Effectively manage project staff.
- Quality assure and risk manage project delivery.
- To represent Oldham Athletic Community Trust at stakeholder and community meetings across Oldham and on occasion at a regional and national level.
- Liaising with key partners and stakeholders to deliver and help monitor the impact of delivery.
- Provide regular and up to date reports for VIEWS and funders.
- To embrace social media and promote the work OACT deliver.
- To be a flexible member of the Oldham Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including evenings and weekends.
- Own transport with full UK driving licence, or ability to travel.
- Ability to work unsociable hours and weekends.
- Experience of successfully working towards deadlines.
- Experience of working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Experience of activity planning, project management and session management.
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working within diverse communities and with hard to reach young people.
- Experience of working with volunteers and casual coaches with a mentoring element.
- Experience of social network mechanisms.
- Experience of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Experience of writing reports.
- Experience of sourcing successful funding.
- Other NGB sports qualifications.
- Degree Level (or equivalent).
- Youth work qualifications.
- Patience and empathy.
- Able to organise time.
- Confident in addressing large groups.
- Willingness to work with all communities.
To recieve the Job Description and Person Specification, please email Martin.email@example.com
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and Covering Letter to Martin.firstname.lastname@example.orgThe application process is a rolling process, as such OACT have the right to withdraw the advert at anytime.
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role.
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Oldham Athletic Community Trust equality statement is available on request.