Two Kickstart Vacancies Available At OACT!
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are delighted to announce we are recruiting a NCS Youth Engagement Officer and an Employability Assistant on the governments Kickstart scheme.
Using the power of football Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT) works in partnership with its local community to provide positive opportunities through sport, inspire and reward our local community. OACT are now recruiting for professional, dedicated and inclusive individuals to take these new roles to support our project delivery.
NCS Youth Engagement Officer
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are looking for a professional, dedicated and inclusive individual to support the successful delivery of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme in Oldham. The role will entail recruitment and retention of young people aged 15-17 onto the programme, in addition to planning the programme timetable and support with delivering a successful programme over the Summer.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Supporting with recruitment activities including co-presenting assemblies, follow-up events and school support sessions, building relationships with young people and encouraging them to sign up to NCS.
- Supporting with the retention strategy to manage attrition rates, helping to plan and deliver sessions in the lead-up to programme delivery to ensure young people turn up to their assigned programme.
- Support with the development and delivery of the activity timetable, ensuring it meets the NCS Programme Quality Framework.
- Build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including teachers, parents/guardians, the local authority and local charities.
- To support delivery seasonally through taking on a delivery staff role, on programmes assigned, including residential aspects of the programme.
- Accurately process and manage data in Salesforce CRM system.
- Support the NCS Manager with hitting contractual targets for recruitment and programme delivery.
- Responsibility for the safeguarding of young people, both participating and working on programme.
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are looking for a professional, dedicated and inclusive individual to support the successful delivery of the 'Training Ground' Employability Programme.The purpose of the role will be to assist the OACT employability lead with the planning, recruitment and delivery of the project. The training group project is designed to engage young unemployed adults with barriers to accessing quality education, employment or training opportunities. Participation in the programme will ensure participants are better equipped and more confident to progress into new opportunities.
- Assist the OACT employability lead to support and safeguard all participants in line with policies.
- Assist the OACT employability lead to identify additional needs required by participants.
- Assist the OACT employability lead to identify work placement opportunities for participants.
- Assist the OACT employability to lead to ensure all required data is collated and stored as per the CCO data protection policies.
Oldham Athletic Community Trust is one of 65 EFL clubs that has signed up for the government's Kickstart scheme, providing hundreds of jobs for young people.
The Kickstart scheme offers six-month work placement job roles to young people aged 16-24 who are claiming Universal Credit - with the aim to give them the opportunity to build their skills in the workplace while gaining experience to improve their chances of finding long-term work.
Kickstart gives young people the opportunity they need to get their foot on the ladder and a foothold in the world of work.
The scheme targets young people who have been hit especially hard by the Coronavirus pandemic, and Kickstart focuses on giving them the best possible chance of getting a job.
How To Apply
Only candidates who are referred by their job coach, who are aged between 16 and 24-years-old, and are claiming Universal Credit, will be considered for this role.
All applications must be completed and sent before 2nd of April 2021.