Oldham Athletic Community Trust are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Youth Engagement Worker to support our NCS Programme
Using the power of football, Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT) works in partnership with its local community to provide positive opportunities through sport, inspire and reward our local community. OACT are now recruiting for professional, dedicated and inclusive individuals to take these new roles to support our project delivery.
Working on a 15 hour per week basis, the Youth Engagement worker will support the Oldham Athletic Community Trust NCS manager to plan and deliver a high quality, safe and to specification NCS programme.
- To assist with the co-ordination and organising of seasonal NCS programme delivery, booking sessions, recruiting casual staff and organising venues/accommodation.
- To provide assistant to ensure that OACT continually deliver excellent programmes.
- Liaise with community organisations, agencies and partners to plan, prepare and supervise appropriate social action projects including local youth board.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the participants, taking responsibility for their health, safety and welfare including appropriate disciplinary procedure.
- To be a point of contact for participants, parents, staff and providers pre and during programme, including supporting NCS manager with on call duties.
- To monitor all Health and Safety practices / Risk Assessments for NCS delivery ensuring that safe and effective work practice takes place at all times
- To support with the delivery of NCS programmes by overseeing seasonal staff and young people. This may include evening, weekend and overnight residentials during project delivery.
- Complete administrative duties ensuring monitoring processes relating to NCS are recorded consistently and accurately on salesforce in order to promote a positive customer journey for the young people and parent/guardian.
- Work alongside the NCS Manager to recruit seasonal staff and deliver staff training to ensure a safe and structured NCS programme.
- To deliver presentations to staff, partners and funders including organisation of the graduation.
- Other such duties as necessary for Oldham Athletic Community Trust.
Essential Skills & Experiences
- A knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme.
- Experience of working with young people, particularly 15-17-year olds ideally within an educational setting or youth work environment.
- An understanding of the issues faced by young people.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Secondary /Higher education sector.
- The ability to communicate with people at various levels.
- An understanding of safeguarding and health and safety in a youth work setting.
- A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity
- Self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Proven planning and organisation skills.
- IT literate with emphasis on Microsoft and Google packages.
- A proven ability of leading presentations to groups of young people, aged 15-17.
- An experience of report writing.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £7,308.60 per year
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Working with young people: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
How To Apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Holly.Grimes@OACT.org.uk for the Youth Engagement Worker.
All applications must be completed and sent as soon as possible.