Disability Liaison Officer
Oldham Athletic Football Club are recruiting a Voluntary Disability Liaison Officer to provide crucial support to its disabled supporters.
The club is seeking a passionate individual to champion accessibility at all levels and strengthen existing relationships with the club's disabled supporters.
The ideal candidate for this role will have comprehensive knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and related policies, with a positive and co-operative attitude. Those wishing to apply should be at ease with working with members of the public, senior management and representing the club at official English Football League events.
General duties include:
• Have a clear and precise understanding of disability legislation and the club's duty in providing an accessible stadium and club premises (i.e. accessible facilities and services for disabled spectators, visitors, staff and players) on both match and non-match days
• Stay up to date with existing legislation including Equality Act 2010, accessible stadia guidance (e.g. CAFÉ and UEFA Access for All and the UK Accessible Stadia), new legislation and best practice guidance
• Recognise customer complaints or any incidents concerning disability and escalate to the Customer Service and Equality Manager where appropriate.
• Report directly to the Supporter Services and Club Secretary who is responsible for disability matters
• Be the main point of contact between Oldham Athletic Football Club, its disabled customers, staff and players and ensure that their access requirements are met
• Promote the needs of disabled people to the Club by championing disability issues and the business benefits of creating an accessible stadium
• Provide reports to the Supporter Services & Club Secretary, including the production of documents detailing challenges, advances and solutions concerning access to services.
• Respond to personal or electronic enquiries within agreed best practice timeframe and provide accurate information by post or email as necessary.
• Recommend access improvements to the Club's facilities and services
• Liaise with other Club DLO's and external organisations (such as Level Playing Field and other disability organisations) and encourage the sharing of good practice solutions
• Act as a liaison between Oldham Athletic Football Club DSA, the Club and its disabled customers. Support the establishment of user-led consultation and on-going dialogue between disabled people and the Club.
• Knowledge of accessibility issues and guidance for service providers, such as knowledge of Green Guide and/or Accessible Stadia regulations
• Experience in a customer service role, including in-person, e-mail and over the phone
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please contact email@example.com or write into to Enquiries Oldham Athletic Football Club, Boundary Park, Oldham, OL1 2PA.
The closing date for this vacancy will be 1st July 2019.
The club require a number of stewards to help out on a matchday.
All stewards will be subject to DBS checks and will be required to have a Level 2 NVQ qualification in spectator safety.
SIA registration is desirable but not a necessity, all other applicants will be considered.
To apply, please fill in the following application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it into the club.
Matchday Roles Available
There are a number of opportunities available for matchday roles at the club during the 2019/20 campaign.
These include turnstile operator, car park attendant, programme seller and Golden Goal seller.
For more information and to express your interest in any of the roles, please email Robin Highfield: email@example.com.
Closing date: Rolling