Under-eights look for players
Oldham Athletic Community Trust is looking for budding young footballers to join their under-eight's development centre sessions.
£15 per month.The Community Trust wants to expand and grow this age group with places available. Training is held at Chapel Road on the 3G pitch on Friday (7pm-8pm) at a cost of
The development centre aims to:
* ·Create individuals and not teams.
* ·Encourage flair and creativity.
* ·Allow the players to make mistakes which they believe this aids learning.
* ·Constantly set new challenges for both individuals and the group as a whole.
* ·Use a guide and discovery delivery style – encourage questions and children to get to the answer themselves, through demonstrations and prompting from the coach.
* ·Strive to use of positive language – instead of “don’t do it like that” use the phrase “can you try it this way”. Instead of “weaker foot”, suggest using “their other foot”. Even the smallest of changes in our language can make a big difference to a child.
Martin Vose, Community Trust Participation Manager, said: “Through the training sessions we try to create a fun environment within the boundaries of discipline that allows footballers to demonstrate flair and individualism without fear of criticism. "We make sure that every session each child receives hundreds of touches of the football which means they are comfortable with a ball at their feet from an early age. Anyone who wants to come down and join in is more than welcome.”
or 07927 firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you would like more information about the development centres, please contact