A brand new session is coming to Oldham for children playing U8s football this coming season.
- We encourage flair and creativity and create an environment in which mistakes are seen as learning opportunities and aren`t something to be afraid of.
- We strive to use of positive language, even the smallest of changes in our language can make a big difference to a child.
- We use a guide and discovery delivery style, we encourage questions and encourage the children to get to the answer themselves through demos and prompting from the coach.
- We aim not to coach for the side-lines. Sometimes the best sessions can look chaotic and messy. It doesn`t matter how it looks to others as long as they`re clear learning outcomes and objectives and they’re being fulfilled.
- Our coaches are constantly set new challenges – for example during a small sided game add in different challenges, ways to score, odd numbers on teams etc. Always however explain why such a challenge has been put into the game.