An exciting opportunity to join the Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT) team has arisen as they are seeking to appoint a professional and dedicated person to join the growing community scheme to take up the brand new role of the OACT Participation Officer.
The Participation Officer will be responsible for increasing participation across the OACT extra-curricular projects, such as Premier League Kicks, and will work alongside the Community Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the OACT strategy.
Hours – Full Time
Contract Length – Initially until August 2019 with a six-month review period. Further extension subject to funding.
Salary – Dependant on successful applicant.
Main purpose of the role:
- To project manage, develop and grow the OACT extra-curricular delivery and increase participation across OACT projects such as, Premier League Kicks, that align to the OACT strategy.
- To work with the Community Manager to asses current OACT delivery, identify areas of local need and to develop projects to meet these needs. This will include sourcing external funding.
- To work with the Community Manager and develop local partnerships to drive forward physical activity delivery within Oldham.
- To work with diverse and hard to reach groups to engage them in regular activity.
- To create pathway opportunities from OACT projects.
- Provide regular and up to date reports for VIEWS and funders.
- To be a flexible member of the Oldham Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including evenings and weekends.
How To Apply
To be eligible for interview please send:
- An updated CV
- A covering letter which must include why you meet the requirements for the role and how you meet the three values of OACT
- A salary expectation for the role.
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidate must have an FA Level 2 in Coaching Football qualification, which includes up to date Safeguarding and Emergency Aid, as well as relevant project management experience.
All short-listed candidates must have a full UK driving licence and eligible to commence employment W/C January 1, 2018.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, any applications received after this deadline or not including all three of above requirements will not be accepted.
This is a rolling application process with immediate shortlisting and interviews.
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role.
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Oldham Athletic Community Trust equality statement is available on request.
A full job description and role specification is available upon request. For further information, including salary banding, or to apply for the position please email email@example.com.