Oldham Athletic is looking for an experienced, determined and motivated individual to join the club as Football Secretary.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Sporting Director and Head Coach at the club, this is a full time role which has day-to-day oversight of all matters relating to Football Secretary duties and is the principal point of contact between the football authorities and Oldham Athletic AFC.
- Work with management to ensure club are compliant with all English Football League (EFL) and all club team rules and regulations.
- Administer all discipline charges received from the EFL, other leagues & the FA.
- Responsible for the completion of all player contracts and transfers for the first team and graduates from the youth team. Including all relevant EFL/FA paperwork and internal club documentation.
- Administer all incoming and outgoing loan agreements and financial invoicing.
- Manage the fixture schedule for the first team including match confirmations and rearranging any required fixtures.
- Administer all EFL home game logistics including providing car park lists, guest attendance tickets and match officials information.
- Liaise with match officials ahead of first team fixtures with the relevant confirmation, guest tickets and pitch inspections where required.
- Arrange first team hospitality for our travelling directors for away games and any opposition directors and guests for home games.
- Completion of all relevant administration process following the fixtures including CPS team information, gate statement reports, MOAS match reports and FA Discipline.
- Manage agreement with external Premier League clubs that utilise the facility.
- Log and process all first team player appearance fees, bonuses and deductions to pass to payroll.
- Assist with incoming scout requests and also request tickets for our management and staff for fixtures they wish to attend.
- Co-ordinate and manage all first team away travel for the first team including coach/train travel, hotel bookings, pre and post-match meals.
- Manage the FA Anti-Doping whereabouts process for the first team, reserve team and youth team.
- Liaise with all international associations for any players called up to international duty.
- Complete all first team player liaison responsibilities when registering players who require support. This includes assisting with accommodation, setting up utilities, transport, bank accounts, phone contracts and arrange a national insurance number.
- Provide direct assistance to Owner, Managing Director and Head Coach as and when required.
- Assist with ticket office sales and calls when required.
- Experience working in a role equivalent within football.
- Experience of FA and League Regulations.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning skills with experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate will be required to be professional and smart working on match days.
- Experience of financial management and accountancy.
- Car and full driving licence.
Please send a cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role with salary requirements and a CV via email to the Managing Director Natalie.Atkinson@oldhamathletic.co.uk
The closing date for applications is on Friday 20 December 2019. With interviews to take place shortly after.
Oldham Athletic Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.