Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT) is looking to recruit a number of coaches to help deliver their work in the borough.
The high-quality coaching team is responsible for all aspects of physical education delivery in line with the national P.E curriculum for primary schools. The successful candidate will also be expected to deliver a variety of interventions and extra-curricular clubs on a weekly basis.
Contract: A full time contract, of a minimum of 30 hours, typically delivering during the school day in addition to the potential of evening sessions through the Premier League Kicks Project.
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications.
OACT is looking for a highly professional, dedicated and inclusive individual who can help ensure that high quality physical education is delivered across Oldham on a daily basis.
- Own transport with full UK driving licence, or ability to travel.
- Enhanced DBS (CRB) certificate.
- First Aid Qualification.
- Safeguarding Certificate.
- NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
- Experience of delivering in a classroom environment.
- Minimum of 12 months experience delivering curriculum based Primary School P.E to children aged 4-11 years old.
- Additional school based qualifications, classroom based or physical activity related.
- Achieved or working towards a Level 3 in Primary School PE/Sport.
- Degree (or working towards) in Sports Coaching or any other sport related degree.
- Experience of using behaviour management strategies when delivering sports and physical activity.
To apply, please send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to Martin.Vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk. Please note that a salary expectation is expected to be included within the application.
The role is due to commence on September 1st, however in circumstances the successful candidate could start earlier.
The application process is a rolling process, as such OACT have the right to withdraw the advert at anytime.
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role.
Oldham Athletic Community Trust are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Oldham Athletic Community Trust equality statement is available on request.