Following the recent Department for Education's announcement that it will fund the Primary PE and Sport Premium for the 2019/20 academic year, schools are welcome to gain OACT School Partner status.
Currently there are 20 OACT School Partners across Oldham, all receiving high quality physical activity provision in a variety of different formats.
“Westwood Academy was delighted to become a partner school of the Oldham Athletic Community Trust. The OACT staff were able to offer holiday clubs and other exciting opportunities that our children and families sometimes struggle to access. Their core values support our work towards pupils achieving The Harmony Trust Pledge and the sessions in school teach children how to be healthy in a fun and interesting way. I'd recommend OACT and becoming a partner school to all Headteachers and P.E leads.”
Jonathan Bell, Executive Principal - Westwood Academy The Harmony Trust
Schools Programme:— OAFCCommunityTrust (@OACT) March 15, 2019
2018/19 has been our biggest year yet for our schools programme delivery and we are already planning for 2019/20.
Interested in becoming an OACT #SchoolPartner? 👇
➡️ Inclusive #OAFC #OACT pic.twitter.com/mhyCrvQaoE
2018/19 has been the biggest year yet for the OACT Schools Programme, with outstanding highlights such as:
- 1 Wembley appearance for South Failsworth Primary School through the EFL Kids Cup;
- 1755 extra-curricular sessions delivered across the year;
- 1320 children engaged in high quality curriculum PE on a weekly basis;
- 10 play on the pitch events for local schools, including ticket opportunities and a half-time game on the Boundary Park pitch;
- 15 free school tournaments
- For the first time, FREE holiday provision based at school sites;
- 154 player visits to local primary schools
- 660 children educated in basic CPR training
As of September there will be a variety of new additions to the schools programme, including an extensive resource package available for school partner staff to ensure sustainability and to assist with PE delivery for the long term. This will include:
- Assessment for learning toolkits;
- Medium term plans;
- Lesson activity banks.
For further information on how your school can become an OACT School Partner, please email Martin.Vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk.
For further guidance on the DFE primary PE and sport premium announcement, click here.