Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a full time Lead Foundation Phase (U8-U12s) coach to work within our Category 3 Licenced Academy programme.
The role is mainly based at Boundary Park and reports to the Academy Manager.
Candidates should ideally reside in an area with a travelling time of less than one hour.
Salary: £17,000 to £20,000 per annum dependant on experience
The successful candidate must have the following skills and competencies:
- Availability for flexible working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good IT skills and knowledge of the PMA online tool
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy
- A valid UK driving licence
- All the relevant qualifications for the position as defined by The FA
For more information, and to download a job description, click here.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to apply
This vacancy is available to start immediately. To apply please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 13 October. Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within this definition, then you should declare this within your application.