Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a part-time Academy Therapist to join our existing medical team and work within our Category 3 Licensed Academy programme.
The successful candidate will be willing to work hours that include a maximum of three evenings per week and at weekends on a rota basis, as mutually arranged.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and competencies:
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of the PMA online tool.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- Please this position requires a successful DBS check.
- Completed BSc Physiotherapy or BSc Sports Therapy or BSc Sports Rehabilitation.
- SST or CSP/HCPC Registered.
- In-date First Aid Qualification at Level 2 Emergency Aid in Football - EFAIF.
- Interest in paediatrics/sporting clinical environment.
- ITMMiF First Aid Qualification.
- Advanced pitch-side trauma training (IFAS/AREA).
- Previous pitch-side or Paediatric/Academy setting experience.
- Experience of working in a sporting interdisciplinary team.
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop.
For more information, and to download a job description, click here.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to apply
This vacancy is available to start immediately. To apply please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 24 October. Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.