Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT) can today launch details of their brand new community initiative, 'Food For Thought'.
Food For Thought aims to provide support to members of the local community, initially limited to those who are aged 70 and above, through the purchase and delivery of FREE fruit and vegetable boxes.
Martin Vose, OACT Head of Community, commented: "During these unprecedented times we want to ensure that we do all that we can to support those living within our local community, hence the introduction of this new initiative.
"The government advice at present is very clear and we understand that for some this can cause difficulties in not only getting food but can also create a sense of loneliness. It is the intention that through Food For Thought we can work to alleviate both issues whilst at all times following strict social distancing guidelines.
"I would like to clarify that these boxes will be completely free of charge, members of the OACT team have helped fund the cost through personal contributions as we understand the difficulties some members of our community are facing at present. This is a project that will start off on a small scale, however in the coming days and weeks we hope that it will grow and work towards ensuring a positive impact is made across a wide section of our community."
At present there are only a small number of boxes available and as such we are asking people to nominate either a family member, friend or neighbour to potentially receive a box.
Nominations must be made by 10am on Thursday 23 April 2020 and can be made by emailing enquiries@OACT.org.uk, leaving the name and age of the person being nominated. In addition, we will need a contact number for either the person being nominated or the induvial making the nomination, to arrange delivery in the event that they are selected.
Please note that:
- Deliveries can only be made to those living within the borough of Oldham.
- Recipients must be aged 70 or over.
- Not all nominations can receive a box, we will choose a selected number of people at random from all of the nominations received.
- Nominations only need to be made once, those who do not receive a box in the initial instance will be saved onto our database and included in the process for future donations should we be able to provide further contributions.
- Information supplied will be processed as per our data protection policy which is in accordance with data protection laws.
This initiative is starting on a small scale. Should any individual, or local business, wish to contact OACT to become involved in Food For Thought please contact Martin.Vose@OACT.org.uk.