Oldham Athletic are looking for a Lead Academy Physiotherapist to join the club.
This full-time role will provide medical care for Professional Development Phase (PDP) players within the Academy, including Medical, Cardiac screening, Orthopaedic and Anthropometric assessments as outlined in EPPP guidelines and the Academy Performance Plan.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of assessments, treatments and rehabilitation of injured players within the PDP.
Additionally, the role holder will provide cover for U18 matchdays which will include pre-match preparation, pitchside management and post-match aftercare. They will be required to work across the Player Performance Pathway (to include the Foundation and Youth Development Phases) if required.
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Maintain a high standard of medical care to all PDP Academy players.
- Be a member of the Academy Management Team (AMT).
- Liaise with the Head Physiotherapist, Academy Manager, Academy Sports Science, Academy Doctor, Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach, U18 Team Manager as relevant with regards to injuries and development of injury prevention strategies.
- Ensure all PDP clinics and Academy matches are adequately covered with suitably qualified medical staff regarding EPPP Guidelines.
- Provide support to the Academy Physiotherapists with the assessment and treatment of schoolboy injuries.
- Maintain the player administration and attendance registers of players undergoing treatment in line with Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
- Manage the FA Anti-Doping procedure in-line with regulations to ensure compulsory cardiac screening is completed and data uploaded to PMA via PFS for all required academy players.
- Utilise screening data and injury history to produce individual injury reduction programs updated on a six week basis and where relevant produce daily pre-training programs for U18 players.
- To be responsible for the preparation and regular updating of confidential comprehensive medical records for the treatment of all players and liaison with other members of staff where relevant.
- To be responsible for the management of injured players and to make appropriate referrals on to the correct medical professional/s for any further medical attention required for PDP players.
- To ensure that the Academy PMA is up-to-date daily in connection to the CSP guidelines.
- To conduct any pre-signing medicals and relevant investigations are conducted for U18 players.
- To assist the Sports Science team in delivering weekly gym sessions.
- To organise and contribute to a regular in-service program within the part-time medical and full-time sports science department.
- Recruit and appoint all required part-time Academy Physios for U9-U16 fixtures.
- Act as deputy physio to the First Team where required.
- Ensure all relevant training is completed to remain up-to-date with Sports Medicine and attend required training courses.
- Any other duties as required and directed by the Owner, Head Physiotherapist or Academy Manager.
Skills & Experience (Required)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree (CSP, HPC registered).
- First aid qualified.
- Self-motivated and committed.
- A strategic planner, organiser and coordinator.
- Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working within the football environment.
- Driving license and own transport.
- ATMMiF first aid course.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy an FA CRC will be a requirement for this role.
How To Apply
To apply, please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to Graham.Yates@oldhamathletic.co.uk
The closing date for applications is Monday 7 September 2020. Due to the urgency of this role, we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.