Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a part-time Video Analysis Intern to join our existing team and work within our Category 3 Licensed Academy programme.
The successful candidate will be willing to work a minimum eight hours, including daytime, evenings, and at home (plus some weekends on a rota basis, as mutually arranged) as an unpaid intern but will be offered the opportunity for progression.
The person appointed will be responsible for the analysis of the performance of Schoolboy and Academy scholars and ensure that up-to-date statistics and performance data is available to the relevant staff and players.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the performance analysis department.
- Manage part-time staff and set work schedules for other interns/volunteers.
- Unit and training analysis – filming, analysing and delivering with coaching staff.
- Motivational/educational projects – pre-match, individual, etc.
- Upload and manage videos on Player Management System.
- Record and source games away from the club that are required for projects.
- Trend analysis – basic match stats for the development of players.
- Manage links with local universities who provide support for the performance analysis department.
- Produce resources and task sheets for players to engage in self-analysis of their performance and the team’s performance.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Willing to follow and promote the club football philosophy.
- A valid UK driving licence.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How To Apply
This vacancy is available to start immediately. To apply please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role and detailing any previous experience to Academy Administrator Graham Yates on email.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20 January 2020. Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity. The volume of applications received prevents us from being able to acknowledge every application received or to provide feedback at the shortlisting stage.