Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a part-time sessional Sports Science Coach to join our existing team and work within our Category 3 Licensed Academy programme.
The successful candidate will be willing to work hours that include a minimum of three daytime sessions per week, plus some evenings and weekends on a rota basis, as mutually arranged.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and competencies:
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of the PMA online tool.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Have a flexible attitude to work.
- Be conscientious and maintain high standards at all times.
- Have a personable approach to effectively work with young football players.
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy.
- A minimum of a BSc or equivalent in Sports Science/Strength and Conditioning.
- UKSCA accredited, or ability to achieve within 6 months.
- Experience in delivering athletic development to groups of young athletes.
- Experience in delivering fitness testing.
- Be able to lead the delivery of gym and pitch-based sessions.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate (acquired before starting role).
- DBS clearance (acquired before starting role).
- First Aid for Sport (acquired before starting role).
- A valid UK driving licence.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How To Apply
This vacancy is available to start immediately. To apply please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role and detailing any previous experience to Academy Administrator Graham Yates on email.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27 January 2020. Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity. The volume of applications received prevents us from being able to acknowledge every application received or to provide feedback at the shortlisting stage.