Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a team of at least four Supporter Liaison Officers ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The role of a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) must act as an advocate of both Oldham Athletic and its supporters.
The SLO’s duties can be split into a number areas with focus on home and away matchdays.
The job role includes;
- Being the first point of contact for supporters and fan groups regarding queries, issues and complaints, communicating via email, telephone, social media and face-to-face contact, ensuring a first-class customer service is always provided.
- Liaising with department heads to ensure all supporter issues are resolved.
- Maintaining and making improvements to the club’s numerous supporter guides, including the Supporter Charter.
- Understanding and keeping disability legislation up-to-date and fulfilling the club’s duty in providing an accessible stadium for all.
- Being a liaison on matchdays to help supporters with wayfinding and any potential enquiries and issues.
- Liaising with fellow SLOs and DLOs and external organisations to share best practice.
- Ensuring alignment between the club and the Community Trust to support with the delivery of community projects and to build positive relationships with community groups, with a focus on driving attendance at home matches.
- Undertaking the organisation and delivering of junior supporter events and community visits.
- Working with the Ticketing department to ensure junior membership sales targets are met.
- Developing all fan engagement initiatives and continually striving to improve the matchday experience for all working with the Club and Community Trust.
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- High degree of commitment, motivation, reliability and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate, in particular in groups and in public.
- Service-oriented thinking and behaviour.
- Assured negotiating skills and assertiveness.
- Appropriate life experience and experience of dealing with fans; knowledge of and contacts within the club’s fan base.
- Flexibility (timewise), especially at weekends, and personal resilience.
- Professional manner according to the situation.
- Calming, de-escalating, de-emotionalising professional conduct in stress and conflict situations.
For further information, please request a copy of the SLO/DLO handbook on email via the contact address below. A remuneration package is currently being formulated with additional benefits included to ensure the group can carry out the tasks to the best of their abilities.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role and a CV to the Managing Director Natalie.Atkinson@oldhamathletic.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31 July 2020 at 5pm.
Oldham Athletic Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.