Following a meeting by the EFL this morning, a decision to suspend all EFL fixtures until the 3rd April has been made. This will affect a number of first team and academy fixtures and includes the home game against Swindon Town tomorrow, which has been officially postponed.
Oldham Athletic supports any decision which ultimately ensures the safety of supporters, staff and players above anything else, and prevents the spread of the virus.
Further information on day-to-day club business and activities will be announced in due course, following review and will include additional information regarding rescheduled dates, tickets and other match details.
The advice from the government below is shared to increase awareness of how people in the local area can remain safe, especially for those who fall into the vulnerable categories of being over 60 years old and/or with underlying health conditions.
Once fixtures resume it is important to stress that those who wish to attend but are still showing signs of the symptoms are to stay away from the ground and self-isolate as per government protocol for a week.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- To contact NHS 111 if anyone is worried about their symptoms. The advice is to not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
- Further information is available on the PHE blog and NHS.UK.
We understand the inconvenience these measures will cause but it is everyone’s responsibility to try and stop the spread of the coronavirus.