Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a new Head Groundsman as the position has now become vacant.
JOB TITLE: Head Groundsman
Boundary Park, Furtherwood Road, OL1 2PA
Chapel Road Training Ground, OL8 4QL
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
REPORTING STAFF: Grounds Staff
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per week plus attendance at all home fixtures.
SALARY: Dependent on experience.
Main Role Purpose
The Head Groundsman will be responsible for the delivery of pitch maintenance and improvement at both sites to the highest standards. Managing a team of staff to deliver the highest quality playing surfaces and work flexibly due to the first team commitments.
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard for matches and training schedules.
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
- Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring that those budgets are adhered to.
- Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required.
- Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
- Managing and upskilling staff to ensure that they can carry out their duties in an efficient manner and to an acceptable standard.
- Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers.
- Liaising with the First Team Manager, Academy and coaching staff on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
- Providing support and training to apprentices and under skilled staff.
- Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers.
- Be available for the required training sessions, based around training schedules.
- Any other duties as required and directed by the Owner, Directors or Club Secretary.
Skills & Experience Required
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent Qualification.
- Experience in working on professional sports pitches.
- PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
- Able to work effectively lead a team and independently using own initiative.
- Full UK Driving License and own vehicle.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement for this role due to the immediate presence around the changing facilities.
How To Apply
To apply please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: Michael.Beech@oldhamathletic.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 18 November 2020.
We may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.