Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit in two roles for the forthcoming 2021/22 season.
1. Ticket Office Staff (Matchdays) - Zero Hour Contract
The club is seeking a number of individuals to enhance the matchday experience by becoming the front of house personnel serving supporters on a matchday. Full training will be provided.
Applicants for the positions will be required to work Saturday's and occasional Tuesday evenings dependent on home fixtures.
To assist the Ticket Office department on busy matchdays, focusing on customer service. You will:
- Report directly to the Supporters Services Manager.
- Sell matchday and season tickets through the ticketing system in a friendly and professional manner.
- Deal with enquiries from fans relating to ticketing and general customer service responsibilities.
- Enhance the reputation of the football club by providing outstanding customer service to all supporters.
- Ensure that all transactions are fully balanced up at the end of each working day.
- Adhere to the department’s policies surrounding the selling of match tickets.
- Ensure data standards are adhered to at all times.
- Provide accurate and up to date information to supporters, going the extra mile to ensure they receive all the assistance they require.
2. Supporter Liaison Officers (x4) - Voluntary
The club are also looking to recruit a team of at least four SLOs ahead of the new season.
The role of a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) must act as an advocate of both Oldham Athletic and its supporters, with duties being split into a number areas with focus on home and away matchdays.
This is a readvertisement after the initial recruitment drive before the postponement of the 2019/20 season and subsequent 2020/21 campaign being behind-closed-doors due to the pandemic and is open to anyone who believes they can carry out the role to the best of their ability.
The job role includes:
- Being the first point of contact for supporters and fan groups regarding queries, issues and complaints, communicating via email, telephone, social media (where applicable) and face-to-face contact, ensuring a first-class customer service is always provided.
- Liaising with department heads to ensure all supporter issues are resolved.
- Maintaining and making improvements to the club’s numerous supporter guides, including the Supporter Charter.
- Understanding and keeping disability legislation up-to-date and fulfilling the club’s duty in providing an accessible stadium for all.
- Being a liaison on matchdays to help supporters with wayfinding and any potential enquiries and issues.
- Liaising with fellow SLOs and DLOs and external organisations to share best practice.
- Ensuring alignment between the club and the Community Trust to support the delivery of community projects and to build positive relationships with community groups, with a focus on driving attendance at home matches.
- Undertaking the organisation and delivering of junior supporter events and community visits.
- Working with the Ticketing department to ensure junior membership sales targets are met.
- Developing all fan engagement initiatives and continually striving to improve the matchday experience for all working with the Club and Community Trust.
Essential Skills (for both roles):
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- High degree of commitment, motivation, reliability and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate, in particular in groups and in public.
- Service-oriented thinking and behaviour.
- Assured negotiating skills and assertiveness.
- Appropriate life experience and experience of dealing with fans; knowledge of and contacts within the club’s fan base.
- Flexibility (timewise), especially at weekends, and personal resilience.
- Professional manner according to the situation.
- Calming, de-escalating, de-emotionalising professional conduct in stress and conflict situations.
A remuneration package is currently being formulated with additional benefits included to ensure the group can carry out the tasks to the best of their abilities.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org also stating the specific role in the subject field.
The closing date for applications for both vacancies is Friday 23 July 2020 at 5pm.
Oldham Athletic Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will also apply.