Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit Host Family Providers to work within the Category 3 FA Licensed Academy programme.
The club relies on a network of excellent host families to help care for scholars (apprentices) and young professional footballers on a full-time basis and also to provide a 'home from home' environment, including weekends and bank holidays.
The Academy is seeking to recruit accommodation providers in an area which provides easy access to the main ground at Boundary Park by public transport.
Lodgings should provide individual good quality, safe settings for the players to live and study during their weekly training schedule. The role will require residential accommodation each week during the football season.
Ideally the club is looking for providers who can accommodate two players, but people who can offer accommodation for one player will be considered. The willingness to accommodate players on a short-term basis throughout the season is also desirable.
Rates of pay will be £20 per person, per night and reviewed annually. The club should be invoiced on a monthly basis for this. You would be fully responsible for ensuring you comply with HMRC tax regulations.
Ideally, this arrangement will start on the 1st July 2021.
- This role involves supervision and support with young people and is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service checks (DBS) for all people who reside at the property age 18 and over and for those who may stay on an adhoc basis, for example partners.
- Provision of accommodation for a set period of time, for instance a full season for signed scholars and adhoc weeks for trialists. Dependent on the players’ personal home address they may need accommodation 5-7 days per week. Generally, it is for five nights per week.
- An appropriate level of supervision and support shall be provided depending on the age of the player.
- Provision of an individual semi-furnished room with bed and storage for clothes.
- Provision of a nutritious breakfast and dinner and snacks (and occasional lunches when required, for example when the player is off sick or does not travel home at the weekend). Professional nutritional guidance shall be provided.
- Provide access to laundry facilities.
- Provide Wi-Fi access.
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures for players under 18.
- Attend ad oc meetings, if necessary, to support the players.
- Take responsibility to notify the club in the event of an incident occurring that would impact on the suitability to supervise children, young or vulnerable adults.
- To agree to the premises being risk assessed/audited by a qualified member of the club (for instance the Health and Safety Manager) and to comply with any next steps as a result of the risk assessment/audit.
As stated, to ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy, the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To apply, please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter detailing why you would be the ideal candidate for the role and any of your previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 May 2021. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.