Oldham Athletic has a fantastic opportunity for a new Head of Commercial to help drive the continued growth of the business.
Job Title: Head of Commercial
Location: Boundary Park
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Internal Liaison: Head of Operations, Head of Media
External Liaison: Partners, Sponsors & Suppliers
Working hours: Full-time plus matchdays and events. Flexibility is essential.
Annual Leave: 20 days.
Salary: Competitive salary and performance bonus.
The role will give you the opportunity to manage the full life cycle of sales including lead generation, relationship management and networking with clients.
It will also involve negotiation, closing and full account management with existing and new clients, together with implementing current and new club marketing processes.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead on the development of all commercial revenue streams for the football club.
- Maximise sales in areas including kit and stadium sponsorship, perimeter boards, programme advertisements, match sponsorships matchday hospitality, event organisation and implementation.
- Develop relationships and revenue streams with current commercial partners as well as secure new business.
- Ensure that relationships with all commercial partners of the club are successfully maintained through regular networking.
- Undertake commercial activities as directed by the CEO, with a view to increasing revenue streams.
- Work closely with the media team to drive sales and traffic.
- Prepare weekly/monthly written reports on commercial activities and projections.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to complete financial projection reports.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Innovative with ideas and identifying opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer literate with proficient IT skills.
- A proven track record of innovative ideas associated with income generation on behalf of an organisation.
- Relevant experience in a similar sporting commercial role.
- Previous sales and marketing experience.
- Full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement for this role due to the immediate presence around the changing facilities.
To apply, please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 24 May 2021.
Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.