Oldham Athletic is looking for an experienced, pro-active, and detail-orientated Finance Manager.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Boundary Park, Oldham
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Internal Liaison: All departments
External Liaison: Suppliers, Creditors, Debtors
Working Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Annual Leave: 20 days holiday.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience.
In this role the successful applicant will lead the club finance function day-to-day, drive the financial reporting, develop, and implement best-practice across the club and work with the board in setting, managing, and reviewing seasonal budgets.
Main Role & Responsibilities
- Management of the club’s finance department.
- Lead the monthly management reporting.
- Provide insightful reporting to ensure sound understanding of results and effective decision making.
- Manage the annual budget and reforecasting throughout the year.
- Complete and fully manage the SCMP and academy reporting, ensuing EFL deadlines are met.
- Manage the monthly payroll processing and RTI submission as well as relevant pensions submissions.
- Produce all statutory reporting for the club.
- Maintaining and improving the overall control environment ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operational and financial management.
- Assist with managing change to improve control in both existing systems and general procedures along the finance team.
- Produce regular cashflow forecasts, both short-term and long-term.
- Supporting on, or leading ad-hoc projects across the club.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to complete financial projection reporting.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Innovative with ideas and seeing opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant
- Detailed experience in reporting in a multi-revenue-streamed environment.
- Focus on control across multiple teams, with different expenditure budgets.
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Experienced in line-managing a small team.
- Experienced in working within a sporting industry is preferred.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement for this role.
How To Apply
To apply, please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: Michael.Beech@oldhamathletic.co.uk
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 20 September 2021.
Due to the role being available for immediate start the club may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.