Oldham Athletic are seeking to employ a new full-time Strength & Conditioning Coach
Job Title: First Team Strength & Conditioning Coach
Location: Boundary Park, Oldham and Chapel Road Training Ground, Oldham
Reports to: Head Coach and General Manager
Internal Liaison: Coaching staff, General Manager, Club Secretary, Playing Staff
External Liaison: NL, FA, EFL
Working hours: First Team Schedule. Flexibility is essential.
Annual Leave: 20 Days
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000
The individual will be responsible for the physical development of all First Team players through delivery of field and gym-based strength, conditioning and rehabilitation sessions. The First Team Strength and Conditioning coach will provide sport science support to training sessions and match days to optimise player performance.
The role includes working closely with the First Team Physiotherapist to assist in rehabilitation sessions and field-based sessions to return injured players back to training and available for selection.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To design, implement and coach appropriate pre-training, warm up and field-based training session to all First Team Players
- To design and implement strength and conditioning programs to First Team players to improve performance
- Provide match day warm ups, sport science support and post-match conditioning sessions
- Work closely with the First Team Physiotherapist to identify players at risk, modify training needs and rehabilitate injured players back to full training
- Collection, analysis and reporting of player GPS data from training and matches
- Create appropriate off-season physical development programs for players
- Liaise with food provisions for appropriate nutritious meals for players post training and post matches
- Carry out additional duties as required by the club
Person specification & Experience Required:
(E) = Essential, (D) = Desirable
- BSc Sport Science / BSc Strength and Conditioning (E)
- Experience of Strength and Conditioning within a professional sports environment (E)
- Ability to plan, implement and deliver evidence informed Strength and Conditioning Programs (E)
- Experience of on-field delivery of warm ups (training and match day) and conditioning sessions, preferably in football (E)
- Ability to adapt training plans to changing environment safely and effectively (E)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (E)
- Strong team player with ability to build strong professional relationships with staff and players (E)
- MSc Sport Science / MSc Strength and Conditioning (D)
- Additional qualification in Strength and Conditioning e.g UKSCA, CSCS, EXOS (D)
- Previous experience with GPS data collection and analysis (D)
- Previous experience within football (D)
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement for this role.
How to apply
To apply, please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 22nd July 2022. Due to the role being available for imminent start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.