Oldham Athletic AFC are looking to recruit a part-time Academy Physiotherapist to join our existing medical team and work within our Category 3 Licensed Academy programme.
During the football season, the successful candidate will be willing to work weekends and evenings on a rota basis as mutually arranged.
General Information / Skills & Competency Requirements
- Carry out duties in accordance with relevant company policies including, but not exclusive to the Health &Safety at Work Act, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial Regulations Policy & Social Media Policy
- Strong and focused communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels with key internal and external stakeholders
- Competent IT skills and a working knowledge of the PMA online application
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Dedicated to implementation of best practice and focused on self-improvement and continuous personal development
- Willing to follow and promote the club football philosophy and brand identity also promote the club professional image
- A valid UK driving licence
- Completed BSc Physiotherapy, BSc Sports Therapy or BSc Sports Rehabilitation Degree
- ITMMiF First Aid Qualification (In date)
- SST or CSP/HCPC or BASRa Registered
- Strong interest in paediatrics/ sporting clinical environment
- Ability to deal with enquiries and experience of liaison with customers, partners and colleagues
- Advanced pitch side trauma training ATMMIF (AREA)
- Hands on / Previous pitch side or Paediatric / Academy game day and training setting experience
- Experience of working in a sporting multifaceted / interdisciplinary team
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate (in date)
- Knowledge / Experience of injury prevention strategies across all Academy Teams
- Knowledge / Experience of fitness testing / monitoring / recording
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to apply:
This vacancy is available to start immediately. To apply please provide your CV (including a minimum of two references) plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role and detailing any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday 8 August 2022. Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity. The volume of applications received prevents us from being able to acknowledge every application received or to provide feedback at short listing stage.