Oldham Athletic are looking to recruit a new Club Secretary at Boundary Park.
Job Title: Club Secretary
Location: Boundary Park, Oldham
Reports to: General Manager
Internal Liaison: All departments
External Liaison: The English Football League, National League, The FA, The PFA
Working hours: Full time, 40 hours per week and home match days.
Annual Leave: 20 Days Holiday.
Salary: Competitive salary
To oversee and carry out the football administration duties of the football club, primarily focusing on the First Team, as well as where required assisting with the Clubs operations, ensuring policies and procedures are implemented in line with best practice.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To facilitate and deliver the registration and re-engagement of all First Team players in accordance with the regulations by which the Club is bound. This will include all player contracts, registration, loan agreements and transfer documents, using when required FIFA TMS.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations of the various football authorities, and that all relevant paperwork, submissions, and surveys are completed on time.
- Co-ordination and maintenance of player disciplinary matters and records, including where necessary preparation of appeals to The Football Association.
- Maintain and keep up to date all Players’ private medical insurance scheme, ensuring joiners and leavers are notified in a timely fashion. Liaise with the medical department over medical examinations and billing enquiries.
- Management of The FA Whereabouts system.
- Liaison with all football bodies, i.e day to day contact with The Football Association, English Football League, The National League, The PFA and other relevant authorities and attend meetings as and when required.
- Organise away travel, hotel accommodation for all away fixtures for the first team, football management and Directors.
- To manage the scheduling of all First Team competitive & non-competitive fixtures, as well as the arrangement of match officials for all First Team and home fixtures.
- Management of the First Team payroll, including bonuses and the recording of effective contract changes and triggers.
- Attendance at all first team home matches and liaison with away clubs for home and away matches.
- Other duties outside of this specification as directed by the General Manager.
- To support the operations of all match days at the stadium working in partnership with the Safety Officer, Ticket Officer Manager, and other staff, to ensure the smooth running of fixtures.
Person specification & Experience Required:
(E) = Essential, (D) = Desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (E)
- Experience of complying with EFL / NL operational requirements (D)
- IT skills to include the ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) (E)
- Previous experience of events operations (D)
- Knowledge and experience of policy development and implementation (D)
- Strong organisational, administrative and timekeeping skills. (E)
- Experience of working in a professional sports club. (D)
- Meticulous attention to detail (E)
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement for this role.
How to apply
To apply, please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 12 August 2022.
Due to the role being available for imminent start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.