Oldham Athletic AFC are looking to recruit a Head of Recruitment Officer to work within our Category 3 Licenced Academy programme. This will be a salaried part-time position.
Successful applicants will report directly to the Head of Academy and will be required to;
- Manage and co-ordinate a rigorous recruitment structure for all academy age groups building on the club’s existing involvement in the North West
- Help implement the Academy Recruitment process
- Identify and recruit the very best local talent in order for the Academy to produce players that progress through the Academy into the First Team.
- Be a member of the Academy Management Team (AMT)
- Recruit and manage all Academy scouts ensuring the appropriate matches are attended
- Implementation of a strict code of conduct for recruitment staff ensuring compliance with the FA and EPPP rules and regulations.
- With the senior staff, develop realistic position specific targets in every age group for incoming players.
- Interact with trialists and their parents/guardian/agent to induct them into the Academy ensuring all required paperwork is complete prior to their first training session.
- To currently reside within one hour travelling distance of Oldham Athletic
- Have previous coaching experience in an Academy or Elite football environment
- Have a flexible attitude to work and be able to work independently and proactively
- Be organised and have good time management skills.
- Have a personable approach to efficiently deal with young footballers and their parents
- Knowledge and understanding of Football League rules and the company policies and procedures relating to your role.
- Have the ability to project our Academy vision and philosophy throughout the operations, and to deliver our recruitment policies in a professional and strategic application
- Ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, management and other football related individuals in a professional manner.
- Talent ID qualifications as required by EPPP rules
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy an FA DBS certificate will be a requirement for this role before starting work
Oldham Athletic AFC promotes inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
How to apply
To apply please provide your CV (with two independent references) plus a covering letter detailing why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 October 2022. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity. The volume of applications received prevents us from being able to acknowledge every application received or to provide feedback at the short-listing stage. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.