Oldham Athletic Academy will be holding an open trial U15 and U16 boys in 2023/24.
The trials are open to youngsters who will be in Years 10 and 11 during the upcoming academic year and are born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2009.
On Monday 4 September 2023, the trials will take place to select boys for our Academy squad and new Advanced Training Centre (ATC), which will operate for the first time as part of an enhanced Academy structure during the 2023/24 season.
The trials will be held on the Little Wembley grass pitch next to Boundary Park. The times of this evening session will be confirmed by email upon invitation to the trials.
Register for the trials here: https://forms.office.com/e/6DU87jkyYD
- We are looking for the next generation of locally based football talent who already play at a high level but are looking to further improve their skills and techniques under the guidance of our UEFA Academy qualified coaches.
- In its earliest stages, the ATC will have four or five sessions per month with a fixed £30 monthly subscriptions fee, payable by direct debit, so it is important the player/parent can make this commitment.
- Throughout the season, the ATC will play friendly matches against the Oldham Athletic Academy registered squad for assessment purposes as well as games against other elite groups.
- Boys with potential will be invited to the club’s existing licensed EPPP Academy squad for an agreed assessment period.
- All ATC players will be encouraged to continue to play for their grassroots club.
- If you live within thirty minutes travel time of Boundary Park (OL1 2PB) and wish to register your interest at Under 15 & 16 level (2023/24), please follow the link provided below to submit your application. There are a limited number of spaces, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
If the player is allocated a place, a confirmation email with full details will be sent 2 or 3 days before the event and explain that on attendance at the open trial the player/parent will be required to pay (in cash, on the night) a nominal £5 fee which will cover the facility costs and allow us to allocate the right amount of qualified staff.
Open trials for other age groups will be held soon. Details of the trials and how to apply will follow soon.