Oldham Athletic AFC is seeking to employ a new Head of Recruitment.
The Head of Recruitment will be responsible for managing and overseeing the talent identification, recruitment, and scouting strategy for Oldham Athletic AFC.
Everyone at Oldham Athletic is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be aligned with the club’s Purpose.
- Effectively and efficiently manage football recruitment strategy of Oldham Athletic AFC, working in conjunction with the first-team manager, coaching staff and CEO regarding the scouting and recruitment of potential players.
- Develop, review, and update the club’s recruitment infrastructure, strategy, and procedures in line with the approach of the manager and club.
- Manage and coordinate the supporting staff and any scouts to ensure there is a clear strategy for the scouting and recruitment of players.
- Review, update and implement the scouting reports and ensure all reports are completed by all recruitment/scouting staff.
- Develop and maintain appropriate online tools to increase efficiency in player reporting, targeting, player acquisition and succession planning for the football recruitment.
- Creating robust and comprehensive rating systems and other visualisations to provide up to date insightful information within the recruitment strategy and desired player profile as identified by the manager.
- Continually monitor the performance of the players identified.
- Ensure the club’s player database is updated and monitored on a weekly basis.
- Manage the club’s recruitment budget and scouting expenses.
- Attend relevant Oldham Athletic meetings, whilst also implementing departmental meetings and in-service training for recruitment staff.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies of the football club, including health and safety policies; and all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical, and social requirements.
- Proactively participate in training and development opportunities, staff performance, appraisals, and reviews if / where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR.
- Perform the job in accordance with the club’s policies, procedures, processes and working practices, especially the Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policy and Procedure.
- Perform any other duties as may reasonably be required.
• Formal qualification within professional football. Minimum B Licence.
• Flexible working hours
• Relationships - external clubs & Agent’s network
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• IT literate, strong planning and organisational skills and able to maintain accurate database records
• Use of Power point and reporting scouting systems
• Management delivery & effective solution offering
• Passionate about professional player recruitment
• Drive and disciplined to develop individual & as a team
• Ability to work in an agile and innovative manner within fast-paced football industry
• Proven record in Youth recruitment
• Clean UK Driving License
• Level 3 Talent Identification
• Desirable to have an existing and relevant database of contacts
Who are we looking for
• Strong communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Flexible approach regarding working hours and travel.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Dependable, punctual & honest
• Growth mindset
• Innovative and creative
• Effective time management
• Understanding of advanced technology platforms to assist the scouting process
To apply for the role of Head of Recruitment, please submit your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio of previous work to email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those shortlisted for further consideration.
The deadline for applications for this role is Thursday 27 December 2023