Oldham Athletic have an exciting opportunity for boys within the U11 age group to take part in an open trial.
On Friday 14 July 2023, open trials will be held on Little Wembley, next to Boundary Park, to select boys for our Academy and new Advanced Training Centre (ATC), which will operate for the first time as part of an enhanced Academy structure during 2023/24.
The session will take place in the evening, with the exact time to be confirmed.
- We are looking for the next generation of locally based football talent who already play at a high level but are looking to further improve their skills and techniques under the guidance of our UEFA Academy qualified coaches.
- In its earliest stages, the ATC will have four or five sessions per month will a fixed £30 monthly subscriptions fee, payable by direct debit, so it is important the player/parent can make this commitment.
- Throughout the season, the ATC will play friendly matches against the Oldham Athletic Academy registered squad for assessment purposes as well as games against other elite groups.
- Boys with potential will be invited to the club’s existing licensed EPPP Academy squad for an agreed assessment period.
- All ATC players will be encouraged to continue to play for their grassroots club.
If you live within thirty minutes travel time of Boundary Park (OL1 2PA) and wish to register your interest at under 11 level, please click here to submit your application.
There are a limited number of spaces, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
If the player is allocated a place, a confirmation email with full details will be sent 2 or 3 days before the event and explain that on attendance at the open trial the player/parent will be required to pay (in cash, on the night) a nominal £5 fee which will cover the facility costs and allow us to allocate the right amount of qualified staff.
Open trials for other age groups will be held soon, with details to be confirmed on the club's official website.