Oldham Athletic has an exciting opportunity available for a highly motivated and committed individual to join the organisation as our new Football Secretary.
You will be responsible for overseeing and carrying out the football administration duties of the football club.
Job Title: Football Secretary
Location: Boundary Park, Furtherwood Rd, Oldham OL1 2PA
Reporting to: CEO
Internal Liaison: All departments
External Liaison: The National League, The FA
Hours: Full Time inc. evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Main role responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are implemented in line with all regulatory requirements
- Facilitating the registration and re-engagement of all First Team players in accordance with theregulations
- Constructing player contracts, transfer and loan agreements, liaising with, CEO, Player and Intermediary
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance
- Manage the FA disciplinary portal, confirming cautions, dismissals and monitoring accumulated cautions and appeals, ensuring Management and Players are kept up to date
- Manage all scout requests internally and externally
- To manage the scheduling of all First Team competitive and non-competitive fixtures, as well as the arrangement of match officials for all First Team and home fixtures.
- Complete relevant pre and post-match documentation including submission of team colours, team sheets.
- Oversee First Team payroll, including bonuses, fines, other payments and the recording of effective contract changes and triggers.
- Co-ordinate and manage away travel for the first team and manage all aspects of football operational, logistics.
- Management of the transfer database ensuring all payments are made and received when activated, as well as loan player bonuses and deductions for billing.
- Attendance at all first team home matches and liaison with away clubs for home and away matches.
- Manage cup competition process including entry, fixture arranging, financial submissions and compliance of all rules of those competitions
- Provide Football Executive support to the Chief Executive and First Team Management where required
- Support the coordination of the day-to-day football operations
- Maintain and keep up to date all Players’ private medical insurance scheme, ensuring joiners and leavers are notified in a timely fashion. Liaise with the medical department over medical examinations and billing enquiries.
- To support the operations of all match days at the stadium working in partnership with the Safety Officer, Ticket Officer Manager, and other staff, to ensure the smooth running of fixtures.
- Experience of football or other sports administration at a professional level
- Knowledge of domestic and international football regulations
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills to meet conflicting deadlines and respond to changing circumstances
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong communicator with the ability to convey information accurately, clearly, simply
- Builds strong working relationship internally and externally
- A self-starter, highly motivated
- Meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Demonstrates professionalism, confidence and the highest level of discretion
- Confident, reliable and assertive when required to be
You will require a full, valid UK driving license and access to a suitable vehicle.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, please email email@example.com with your latest CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Monday 17 April 2023.
Due to the role being available for imminent start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.