Shadow Youth Team
The Football Education Programme (Shadow Youth Team) is delivered by Oldham Athletic as part of a strategic partnership with Tameside College.
Taking place at Avro FC's Vestacare Stadium, the programme gives young people aged 16-18 the chance to receive professional football training alongside studying for an academic qualification.
Designed as a competitive football and education programme, it ultimately provides opportunities for players who excel to progress to train with the main Oldham Athletic Youth Team (U19s).
Players also receive a full-time education delivered by experienced tutors with in-depth experience of the football industry, ensuring all athletes receive the best possible support in their footballing journey.
What is the quality of football on offer?
- Athletes train four times a week under expert guidance from UEFA Licenced football coaches.
- Athletes who excel will be given opportunities to train with the main Youth Team.
- Players take part in regular mid-week games against alternative programmes across the North of England representing Oldham Athletic Football Club.
What education is available?
- All athletes will study and train at the same venue – Avro's Vestacare Stadium.
- Alongside the football programme athletes will study for the NCFE Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity (Sports and Exercise Science).
- Level 3 Diploma is the equivalent of 2 A-Levels.
- Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
To enrol onto the squad, students will need at least five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English (Grade 4) and must take part in a successful trial in order to be part of the small select squads.
For more information and to find out more on how to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org